THE MOST AMAZING ROASTED ARTICHOKES
This is the great dishes. And this recommended to you to do at home. This dish is very fresh, made from selected ingredients, which will make our body become healthier and fitter. And most importantly we can make it ourselves at home
From children to adults can enjoy this dish. Can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
We don’t need to buy this dish at a restaurant or market, because we can make it ourselves at home. So guys try it 😉
- 3 fresh artichokes
- 2 large fresh lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or melted butter)
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- fresh rosemary (plus additional fresh thyme, oregano, or sage, if you’d like)
- coarse sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Use a knife to slice off the bottom 1/2-inch (or more, if you’d like) of the artichoke stems, and the top 1 inch of the artichoke globes (the leaves on top). Remove and discard any small leaves toward the bottoms of the stems. Rinse the artichokes with water.
- Slice the artichokes in half vertically. Use a spoon to scoop out the fuzzy “choke” in the middle of the artichoke. Then use kitchen shears to trim about 1/4/-inch off the pointy tips of each of the artichoke leaves (so that they don’t poke you when you eat them). Rub a lemon wedge all over the entire surface of each artichoke half, to prevent browning.
- Place the artichoke halves in a baking dish or on a baking sheet cut-side-up. Brush the cut sides of the artichokes evenly with the olive oil. Then fill the cavities evenly with the garlic, followed by a few small sprigs of the fresh herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Flip the artichokes over, using the herbs to help hold in the garlic, so that they are cut-side-down. Brush the tops of the artichokes with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Then remove and cover the pan with aluminum foil, and bake for an additional 25-35 minutes, or until the artichokes are tender and the leaves pull off easily.
- Place the tray on a cooling rack. Carefully remove, discard the herbs (or stir them into your dipping sauce for extra flavor), and drizzle the artichokes with extra lemon juice.
- Serve the roasted artichokes warm with your desired dipping sauce.