ONE-POT CREAMY CHICKEN POT PIE NOODLES
This is the right choice for the people around you. I hope this recipe is an inspiration for other people around the world …
This recipe is very useful when you are confused and want to try something new … You can try it with family and other people.
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, filleted and seasoned with salt and pepper*
- 4 oz. crimini mushrooms, sliced*
- ½ small yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 c. half and half
- 2 tsp. kosher sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. ground sage
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 8 oz. egg noodles or other pasta
- 1 c. frozen corn, thawed
- 1 c. frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Pie crust crumbles**
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the prepared chicken and cook until golden brown on each side/reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Remove from the pot and transfer to a cutting board. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the mushrooms, onion, celery and carrots, saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Pour in the chicken stock along with the half and half, whisk, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cut the chicken into small bite-size chunks and return it to the pot. Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme, sage, cayenne and paprika. When the mixture begins to boil, add the pasta and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10-15 minutes, then add the corn, peas and parsley. Cook until the pasta is tender and the sauce is thick, about 6-8 minutes (note: the sauce with thicken as it cools). Remove from the heat and serve with pie crust crumbles, if desired.
*You can use rotisserie chicken too, shred about 2 cups. Add it in step 3.
**I used frozen pie crust, crumbled about ⅓ cup of it and baked it at 350 degrees until it was golden brown. This is totally OPTIONAL! Toasted panko breadcrumbs would be delicious too
ONE-POT CREAMY CHICKEN POT PIE NOODLES was last modified: April 20th, 2020 by