Best Food in the World
One Pot Chicken Mozzarella Pasta
This one pot mozzarella chicken pasta recipe takes just 30 minutes to make! The hint of creaminess in the marinara sauce really takes this easy dinner recipe to the next level!
- 1 lb. penne
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 25 oz. marinara sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cut into cubes
- 12 basil leaves chiffonade
- Heat the olive oil in a high walled skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and let it cook, undisturbed, for 5 minutes to allow the first side to brown. Flip them to the other side and continue to cook until golden brown on both sides. Set the chicken aside.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan, scraping up any brown bits of chicken from the bottom. This will flavor the sauce. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the marinara sauce and stir in the cream cheese until combined. Add in the red pepper flakes and bring the sauce to a bubble.
- Add the penne and continue to boil until al dente (see package for exact timeframe, usually it’s about 14 minutes.)
- Add the cooked chicken and mozzarella to the pasta dish and stir gently until the mozzarella is warm and melted. Top with the finely cut basil leaves, and serve!
One Pot Chicken Mozzarella Pasta was last modified: February 9th, 2020 by