FILIPINO PORK BARBECUE RECIPE
The Filipino pork barbecue is the favorite of everyone because the kebabs are grilled on fire right in front of you. It is a slice of pork marinated on a skewer and grilled to perfection.
- 1 Kilo Pork Belly, slice in 1-inch cuts
- 1 Tsp. Garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup – Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup – Calamansi Juice
- 1/2 cup – Banana or Tomato Catsup
- 1 Can lemon soda or ginger ale
- 1/2 cup – Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper powder
- Bamboo skewers – pre-soak for 20 minutes before placing skewered meat
- In a bowl, mixed together minced garlic, soy sauce, calamansi juice, catsup, half of the ginger ale or lemon soda, salt, black pepper.
- Leave ½ cup of the marinade and sugar aside.
- Put pork in a bowl and pour the rest of marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap, leave it for 2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Pre-soak the bamboo skewers in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Skewer the pork on a bamboo stick with up to 6 pieces per stick.
- Prepare the grill and pre-heat.
- Mix together 1/2 cup marinade, sugar, and remaining ginger ale or lemon soda.
- Grill the pork, about 10 minutes on each side. Check constantly to avoid burning.
- Total grilling time should take about 20 minutes.
- Brush the pork barbecue with the marinade every few minutes to preserve the taste.
- When cooked, serve hot with “Atsara” or Hot Rice.
- This video shows another recipe for Filipino Pork Barbecue.
- Serving Size 1 stick
- Sodium 610 mg
- Unsaturated Fat 2 g
- Fiber 8 g
- Calories 356
- Fat 14 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Protein 28 g
- Sugar 3 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Carbohydrates 25 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg