CRISPY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN
Everyone will love this crispy oven fried chicken recipe – it’s so simple to make but so full of flavor. Serve it with the sides of your choice for a new family-favorite dinner!
FOR THE EGG MIX:
FOR THE EGG MIX:
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk, OR buttermilk
- FOR THE BREADING:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs, Panko or Italian seasoned work as well
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into strips (I do 3-4 per breast)
- FOR THE PAN:
- 1/4 cup butter
- Get IngredientsPowered by Chicory
- Prep: Heat the oven to 410°F (210°C). Place a dark-colored (or at the very least a silver metal) roasting pan (a rimmed baking sheet works as well) in the oven to heat up.
- Prepare breading: In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and the milk. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, breadcrumbs, baking powder and seasoning together.
- Bread the chicken: Toss the chicken pieces in the flour, coating evenly and shaking off any extra flour. Next, toss the chicken pieces in the egg mixtures. Then, dip each into the flour mix again, this time coating very well – press the breading well on the chicken to make it stick.
- Place chicken on pan: Take the baking pan out of the oven and melt the butter on it. Place the coated chicken pieces on the tray – leave enough space in between, I usually bake it in two batches.
- Oven fry: Bake for 10-12 minutes, carefully flip and bake for another 5-10 minutes (depending on how thick your chicken pieces are). Finish by broiling the chicken until it turns golden brown and crispy.